Wilderness Rejuvenation Ideas

phantoms

Bronze Member
Runite Member
Jul 28, 2019
Since wilderness is super dead, I'm proposing a few ideas to help liven it up and help everyone.
Bosses
Wilderness bosses of Callisto Vet'ion and Venenatis are mega dead as they are too OP defensively even with very good gear, need nerfing on that end and drop tables should be customized as to bring in more hard to get items in-game and stabilize prices. As far as I know from a skilling supply perspective, revs drop skilling supplies related to bars, d'hides, dragonstones, bolt tips and construction planks. Only thing left then are hard to get herbs like avantoes, lantadyme's and torstols (birds nests as well) as well as bulk raw fish for those who don't want to fish like shark mantas crabs and anglers. My take is 50-100 a drop at about 1/10 drop rate for each. Next, certain uniques like black-mask, toxic staff of the dead, and DK rings should be added as they are very commonly used in PvP settings. I personally would also include dragon limbs and knives (100-200) as a 1/128 drop from other wilderness trio of Fanatic, Archaeologist, and Scorpia.
Resource
Resource area is a fairly dead area even though it provides a 75% bonus for skilling in it! To provide some further incentive, if a player is skulled within resource area they get a 100% bonus whilst in area as well as an EXTREMELY RARE chance at a mystery box (think like 1/1024 or lower) and a frequent shot at coin caskets. should benefit skillers looking to max a bit faster. (Maybe a 3min server sided tb timer that doesn't expire on log-out to prevent abuse and increase risk? Activates when you enter Resource Area)
Mage Arena
At the moment, mage arena is extremely safe provided you bring proper equipment as you need at least 5 people to kill one mager. I would propose a 25% point increase a battle mage kill if player is skulled as well as a shot at infinity peices (1/512 or lower) with shots at coin casket large and giant. (Remove aggression factor to increase risk of getting pked)
Misc
BH targets should be hittable even with an npc on you like osrs.
Spamming mb lever by battle-mage's nulls damage which shouldn't happen as you go from one wilderness zone to another. (Not to be confused with 44s to kbd lever as then damage should be null as you go from wilderness to safe).

phantoms

Bronze Member
Runite Member
Jul 28, 2019
Also forgot to add in misc that maybe let untradeables scale to when you lose on death
Regular- 20
Donator-25
Super-30
Extreme-35
Ultimate- 40
Master- 45
Godlike - 48
MB and up should be risky zones where anyone pk's at their own risk!

Zeke

Bronze Member
Runite Member
Aug 4, 2019
These are actulley really good ideas, Well done!

Tazaran

Bronze Member
Runite Member
Jul 20, 2019
Michigan
I agree with the above. I believe the wilderness could be a much more populated place with just a few changes.

Good ideas!

ANTIxLUCK

Bronze Member
Runite Member
Jul 23, 2019
I'm down with these, Vetion and Callisto and Archeologist and like bosses need nerfed and drops need buffed. There's literally no reason to do them atm.