First off, I'd like to just say that we appreciate all of your feedback, criticisms, bug reports, and suggestions. I have done my best to look into/respond to all concerns, but it has proved difficult for me to serve as a developer and owner at the same time. Consider this thread to be my first attempt at improving as a developer, manager, and owner in many different aspects.
The purpose of this thread is to gather player feedback that we can use to refocus our development roadmap for the upcoming month(s). I've heard countless suggestions/complaints over the past few weeks and it has been difficult to accurately gauge which one(s) to prioritize. Take a look at some of the options for content below, and respond to the corresponding poll. I will 100% honor the results of the poll and use them to guide our development plans.
IMPORTANT NOTE: All of these features will be worked on eventually. The results of this poll will guide our updates sequentially. This means that if Grand Exchange places first, and Theatre of Blood places second, we will work on Grand Exchange AND THEN Theatre of Blood.
NOTE: This thread is enabling you all to give legitimate feedback regarding game updates. This is not the place to downright bash our developers or explain why any of our staff members are bad. With that, we of course encourage typed out replies. I'll be reading every single comment, and if there are any useless, edgy, or unconstructive comments, they will simply be removed.
NOTE: This thread is only covering our plans/options for content. This does NOT mean that we will abandon all bug fixes, and we actually plan on tasking one of our new developers with focusing solely on these fixes.
NOTE: To keep all of you updated with our current development, Runite's newest boss, Galvek, has been completed and will be included in the next update (along with a few other bug fixes that players were annoyed about). This update is expected tonight.
Having said all of this, have a read through some of the following options BEFORE REPLYING TO THE POLL:
- Notes/Description: This is probably the complaint I hear most often. Grand Exchange was worked on a little bit prior to release but was never finished/tested enough to be stable in the live game.
- Expected Features: Exactly the same as OSRS. Being able to list, sell, and purchase items from other players even when you or they may be offline. Certain predefined items will also be pumped into the Grand Exchange to be sold/purchased automatically.
- Realistic Timeframe: 1 - 1.5 week(s)
Theatre of Blood
- Notes/Description: This is what I would personally love working on, and it could be a great point of advertisement for us as we seek to expand our player base. This will be written from scratch by myself and will therefore not be plagued with the same updates that Chambers of Xeric are experiencing.
- Expected Features: All bosses/rooms/rewards functioning exactly as seen in OSRS.
- Realistic Timeframe: 2 - 3 weeks
Runelite/Client Revision Upgrade
- Notes/Description: These are actually two separate features, but it makes sense to tackle them both at the same time.
- Expected Features: Our version of the Runelite client would feature everything that the actual client has, so just a lot of QoL client plugins. The revision upgrade will also give us access to the newest OSRS updates (items, npcs, map areas), for example the Forthos Dungeon.
- Realistic Timeframe: 1.5 - 2 week(s)
- Notes/Description: A rework/expansion of our current wilderness content in an effort to increase pking activity
- Expected Features: Mage Arena 2, Improved Wilderness slayer/tasks, Other wilderness incentives such as achievements and skilling, Finishing Last Man Standing
- Realistic Timeframe: 1 week
- Notes/Description: An expansion of numerous skills
- Expected Features: Farming Guild, Superior Slayer monsters, more Hunting areas, birdhouses, Fossil Island, etc.
- Realistic Timeframe: 1 week
Once again, please read the red-highlighted notes above, which should address any questions/concerns before you vote. Here is the link:
Vote Now! [Grand Exchange] [Theatre Of Blood (Raids 2)] [Runelite Client/Client Revision Upgrade] [Wilderness Content] [Skilling Expansions]
Thank you, and I am looking forward to the future!