Upcoming Content Development Roadmap

• It has come to our attention there are alot of players being hacked. The number one reason that accounts get hacked is because players reuse their passwords from other rsps/sites that have had databases leaked. You may not re-use passwords here that you've used elsewhere. Secondly we STRONGLY reccomend you enable 2FA. Enabling 2FA makes it impossible for others to gain access to your account. We will not go looking into it if you haven't done both of these things. You can enable 2FA in password & security management on the forums.

Andys1814

Iron Member
Staff member
Runite Member
Jul 14, 2019

Hey everyone,

First off, I'd like to just say that we appreciate all of your feedback, criticisms, bug reports, and suggestions. I have done my best to look into/respond to all concerns, but it has proved difficult for me to serve as a developer and owner at the same time. Consider this thread to be my first attempt at improving as a developer, manager, and owner in many different aspects.

The purpose of this thread is to gather player feedback that we can use to refocus our development roadmap for the upcoming month(s). I've heard countless suggestions/complaints over the past few weeks and it has been difficult to accurately gauge which one(s) to prioritize. Take a look at some of the options for content below, and respond to the corresponding poll. I will 100% honor the results of the poll and use them to guide our development plans.

IMPORTANT NOTE: All of these features will be worked on eventually. The results of this poll will guide our updates sequentially. This means that if Grand Exchange places first, and Theatre of Blood places second, we will work on Grand Exchange AND THEN Theatre of Blood.
NOTE: This thread is enabling you all to give legitimate feedback regarding game updates. This is not the place to downright bash our developers or explain why any of our staff members are bad. With that, we of course encourage typed out replies. I'll be reading every single comment, and if there are any useless, edgy, or unconstructive comments, they will simply be removed.
NOTE: This thread is only covering our plans/options for content. This does NOT mean that we will abandon all bug fixes, and we actually plan on tasking one of our new developers with focusing solely on these fixes.
NOTE: To keep all of you updated with our current development, Runite's newest boss, Galvek, has been completed and will be included in the next update (along with a few other bug fixes that players were annoyed about). This update is expected tonight.

Having said all of this, have a read through some of the following options BEFORE REPLYING TO THE POLL:

Grand Exchange
  • Notes/Description: This is probably the complaint I hear most often. Grand Exchange was worked on a little bit prior to release but was never finished/tested enough to be stable in the live game.
  • Expected Features: Exactly the same as OSRS. Being able to list, sell, and purchase items from other players even when you or they may be offline. Certain predefined items will also be pumped into the Grand Exchange to be sold/purchased automatically.
  • Realistic Timeframe: 1 - 1.5 week(s)

Theatre of Blood
  • Notes/Description: This is what I would personally love working on, and it could be a great point of advertisement for us as we seek to expand our player base. This will be written from scratch by myself and will therefore not be plagued with the same updates that Chambers of Xeric are experiencing.
  • Expected Features: All bosses/rooms/rewards functioning exactly as seen in OSRS.
  • Realistic Timeframe: 2 - 3 weeks

Runelite/Client Revision Upgrade
  • Notes/Description: These are actually two separate features, but it makes sense to tackle them both at the same time.
  • Expected Features: Our version of the Runelite client would feature everything that the actual client has, so just a lot of QoL client plugins. The revision upgrade will also give us access to the newest OSRS updates (items, npcs, map areas), for example the Forthos Dungeon.
  • Realistic Timeframe: 1.5 - 2 week(s)

Wilderness/PvP Content
  • Notes/Description: A rework/expansion of our current wilderness content in an effort to increase pking activity
  • Expected Features: Mage Arena 2, Improved Wilderness slayer/tasks, Other wilderness incentives such as achievements and skilling, Finishing Last Man Standing
  • Realistic Timeframe: 1 week

Skilling Expansions
  • Notes/Description: An expansion of numerous skills
  • Expected Features: Farming Guild, Superior Slayer monsters, more Hunting areas, birdhouses, Fossil Island, etc.
  • Realistic Timeframe: 1 week

Once again, please read the red-highlighted notes above, which should address any questions/concerns before you vote. Here is the link:

Thank you, and I am looking forward to the future!

Cyan

Bronze Member
Staff member
Runite Member
Jul 26, 2019
Great Job Andy, really like this idea. Helps the community understand what goes on behind the scenes and gives players a chance to voice their opinion. Well done

Reactions: Wraith

JARJARBINKS

Bronze Member
Runite Member
Jul 26, 2019
At this rate you're falling into a pit rather than a pedestal.

Instead of focusing on what's needed to be done sort out your staff management as currently from the standpoint I've noticed is the forums is still a mess.
remove the staff application subforum: it's lacklustered and shows true inexperienced of how to sought out a potential staff member. The different timezones between players should be took into consideration and past experiences it seems as if very few of the current staff have any direction to being useful rather than think of entitlement when it comes to a situation they're unable to fix without overstepping their rank.

quit working on things like grand exchange until you've sorted out all the miniscule shit that should've been prioritized before you even released the server. Superiors\ toggle Slayer requirement rather than combat of a certain level just to be able to be assigned boss tasks. Reasoning: pures have no reason to ever level their Slayer due to the fact that you can't get good tasks for money unless you've got 100combat which is one of the stupidest things in this game. Common misspelling of the teleport wizard it's almost as if you just ripped another source and just decided to work on it without taking the smallest easy details to fix into account.

Combat formulas: they're a joke find a pk developer to fix your defence\magic\ and melee attributes bonuses and proper switching\delays. Don't try to bring new content into the wilderness until you've fixed the main thing that's caused so many people to quit as you're averaging 300players a day and had 700 on release over 33% have left due to you taking no consideration into hacking of databases horrible staff treatment or just abuse overall.

Freeze

Bronze Member
Runite Member
Jul 27, 2019
My biggest gripe was the fact you guys dropped 2x exp a week after release. Leading up until that Friday, there was 4 maxed players. The Monday had over 20. It ruined the race and time spent for some, especially me since i was consistently in the top 10. I was annoyed but kept playing. You dropped another 2x the very next weekend which prompted me to stop playing.

Although i was on regular, it was a massive kick to the nads because it was nothing short of annoying. I spent a hell of a lot of time leveling and it was pretty much just "hahaha no".

To make it worse, there was no notification that either event was coming.

The Vitur situation was handled poorly as well. I know the cause of it as i know the parties involved and there was no foul play to be had. Assumptions lead to miscommunication and then removal of Vitur when messages would of fixed it without issue. Vitur was the most communicative mod of all and you guys just dropped him. It was a shit show.

I don't know what to say other than communication and thinking is key. Even after all that, i don't know what to say other thenmaybe apologize to Vitur personally, because i know you guys didnt say anything to him before removing him, because he was offline when you did it.

Wraith

Runite Member
Jul 26, 2019
I agree with a lot of things here G,E is definitely the main focus right now, but there's also a lot of certain things that NEED to be done before you even focus on other Minigames/Bosses. With that say We need a complete Chambers of Xeric I think a lot of players can agree with me on this one since we all been working really hard and are desperate to Complete a room without any hassle. Also a Voting System is on my list of all many things we need this before we focus on anything else. Voting System with a shop. If we dont have a voting system theres no possible way we are gonna get the server to go up and along with that a second trailer wouldn't hurt the server or Advertising the server. those are my top 3 list of things that need to be done first. If anyone agrees with me on this one PLEASE give me a like so we can get this done as soon as possible!

Reactions: Ares

Sex Offender

Bronze Member
Runite Member
Jul 31, 2019
The thing is, telling ppl G.E is coming out next week and it wasn't really hitted the population, (2 times) double xp aswell cuz it kills the fun in the game...
Slowly but surely ppl are leaving cuz it's too fast or "no enough content" since Xeric's is bugged again.
I appriciate everything you guys made so far, but if you say something you have to stand behind that. Because you just post poned g.e. again, second time.
I don't want G.E. because I can still flip money, I want it because ppl are starting to leave.

My suggestions in order to get new ppl and to retrieve the old ones:
1. Get G.E. going on
2. Fix bugs/glitches from raids to common ones
3. Release good PK system before Theatre cuz there are no pkers at all anymore... only few left.

Also new mods.... no offense but I think some mods don't know how to do their job... Mostly of them just abuse teleportation to quickly finish their things... I won't mention the mod who was abusing max cape, still didn't get punishment... AND I WON'T mention behaviour of the staff, flexing with items they never got in fair way (spawning items).

I was patient enough, idk why I'm still here, probably cuz of friends that I gained. But if these things continue, it's not only me who is gonna leave, everyone will... That's the fact, unfortunately.

From my point of view, you guys had really good starting idea... Everything went smoothly but u didn't know how to keep your customers. I had hope, now... I don't know if I have it.
You can go a long way with this project, server isn't bad, mechanics are good, movement is good, reaction time of mobs and bosses are nicely done. This server doesn't have bad developer, it has bad managment if I may say so.

I'm sorry for my english and thank you for reading!

Reactions: Freeze and Chaos

Chaos

Iron Member
Runite Member
Jul 26, 2019
I'm loving the ideas, I think keeping the community posted with threads like these help us understand what is being worked on and where the server is headed. With that being said there are a few things that I feel need to be address and prioritized.

Before working on anything new there are many things in the server already that need to be fixed.
- Grand Exchange needs to be added, it is currently difficult to buy and sell items within players and sometimes hard to even find them.
- Voting needs to be added asap. We need new players to join the server how else are they going to find out about runite?
- Vote reward shop, this shop should contain items that provide players with decent in game advantages to promote players to vote and also have a gp value per voting ticket.
- Chambers of Xerics needs to be fixed completely. A lot of updates have included raids fixes and it is still broken.
- Salve amulet needs to be imbueable. This is used for raids/slayer/revs/vorkath
- PVP tournaments rewards need to be upgraded, 1st place only gets 1m and there is currently not a shop to use the tournament tickets in.

All of the idea provided sound awesome and I am really looking forward to them, TOB would give the community something to look for but we can't even complete COX yet.
I have many other suggestions for updates that are simple and could help the server right now, I just don't want to list 15 different things.

My order for prioritization from your list : Grand Exchange, TOB, Wilderness Rejuvination, Runelite and lastly skilling.

- CHAOS

Miser

Bronze Member
Runite Member
Jul 26, 2019
For large updates the list is good, is there a possibility of bug fixes on an every 2-3 day schedule for small stuff? Just to see some improvement in the meantime?

Reactions: pepsiplaya and Ares

pepsiplaya

I'll Pepsi Your Playa ;)
Runite Member
Jul 28, 2019
Personally here for the long run, I'm sure all of them will eventually come to the game so i'm not complaining.

Hryszko

Iron Member
Runite Member
Aug 3, 2019
UK
Great work once again Andy.

Some great points raised by the community also, looking forward to seeing the progress!

Demix

Live Today, Love Tomorrow, Unite Forever
Server Support
Jul 29, 2019
England
For large updates the list is good, is there a possibility of bug fixes on an every 2-3 day schedule for small stuff? Just to see some improvement in the meantime?
Bug fixes will still come between new features being added, can’t say they could promise a 2-3 schedule but they will still happen

Neeko

Bronze Member
Runite Member
Jul 26, 2019
Finally this is what we have been asking for. I'm glad you're listening to the community and not just ignoring people. If you manage to keep on top of everything and on promises aswell the server will thrive. The reason you guys are having problems is because no one is delegating roles and responsibilities to people. You're trying to do it everything yourself and it's not working and everyone can see that. Give some of the staff more involvement or whats the point of them being staff you have a 2 owners,2 managers,3 devs,1 admin and a bunch of mods and supports. Focus yourself on role of actually being an owner or things will fall apart. Keep posting dev blogs and pass information to the community, so people can actually see what's going to be fixed etc and they can add more suggestions and feedback.

This server has great potential.

Have 1 staff member to write down all the good suggestions that the community has asked for and at the end of the week pass them onto you since a lot of the suggestions of forums are not getting through to you guys and people are wasting their time.
If you can't sort any problems out please let people know instead of answering once and never replying.

Have more organisation with discord and forums - Keep bug reports,suggestions, payment issues - player report - critical bug report on forums. Keep runite hub and information on discord. it looks a mess at the moment.
Filter forums reports to only staff can see them - Staff applications also needs reworking. There's 2 formats that you guys are telling people to do. Pick one? There's also no discord application format or forum format, why not?

More frequent bug fixes / updates the community would rather see 5 bugs fixed every few days than 20 of them fixed every 10 days - You also need to prioritise what the community wants
Fix voting. You spend a lot of money into advertisements but no one can vote? Imagine if voting was fixed before launch...
Keep releasing dev blogs to keep people updated with everything that you're working on. Also implement #updates on forums
Have more interaction with the community have a community manager to set up events on forums and make sure the time fits people from Eu and Na
Do events like corp mass since this get's the community involved. Set up clan wars events and also do some events for ironmen. Also with pest control have double points on weekends
Post new introductions for the new staff members that join your server there has been new people joining and no one knows who they're
Communicate more to staff about certain things. Theres a few things mods have said such as "Owners are not doing double xp again" but then there's double xp 2 days later

Fix certain drop rates - Nobody wants to grind a 1/4425 kill on a RSPS - Dragon Warhammer + Abyssal head. Also (Abyssal dagger - 1/11622)
Slayer tasks - Abyssal Sire isn't even functional take it off boss tasks until it's fixed - Lots of players losing points and they can't claim back. (Also make 1 slayer task a day free for players)
Let ironmen be able to get void - fix looting bag for UIM - Let ironmen be able to get infinity boots etc from mage training arena.
Fix server lag - There was a poll that 70% of people voted for the server to be in europe any eta on this?
Forums are becoming more inactive + Hiscores still are not fixed
Work on Grand exchange, Voting and Highscores as #1 priority.

Last edited:

Frisian

Bronze Member
Runite Member
Aug 2, 2019
Looking forwards to things like Superior slayer monsters and all that, but I reckon it's best to start prioritizing things like Neeko mentioned above. Things like voting are crucial for a RSPS to stay on top of the list. Especially with the community we have right now, alot of people will be able to vote, giving Runite more exposure, which gives the server more players.

Undie

Bronze Member
Runite Member
Jul 20, 2019
Fix certain drop rates - Nobodywants to grind a 1/4425 kill on a rsps
For certain items this is a big one. I was lucky when i did get my first zenyte for example. But i've heard people struggling getting one with pretty large kc's. I've even seen people killing the lower lvl gorilla's, unbeknownst to them that it doesn't drop the zenyte shard.

I could name a multiplude of things, but i think alot of major things have been adressed in the poll already.

Bagguh

Bronze Member
Runite Member
Aug 1, 2019
Agreeing with all of the things of Neeko.
Only thing whats missing is the highscores for ironmans.